Saturday, April 14, 2012

I got a job. Fear me.

As I may have mentioned last time I wrote, I just got a job as a fitness instructor.
And it's all kinds of win. I love it so much :P

I had 2 people sign up for the gym, plus made an appointment with another dude who's going to sign tomorrow AND talked another guy into taking a free one-hour freebie in the gym sometime next week.
Seriously. Didn't threaten them with guns or anything, like I know I'm supposed to.

Had a moment too.
I was standing behind the counter, overlooking all my minions doing their daily punishment routine.
They have to. Else I make them stay until they do. They come to me all sweaty and exhausted, beggin' for their keys so they can go home, and all I say is; TEN MORE MINUTES MAGGOT!
Because that's who I am. The master. Guardian of the holy protein-grail.
Doomlord in the hellish land known as.. the gym.

And in the midst of all the evil-eye staring and threats of hour-long Vonda Shepard listening, I noticed something in the mirror opposite of the counter. Me.
But, something odd was going on. I was trying to be all mean-like, with a come-at-me-bro attitude, and a murderous intent carved into my eyes. But it didn't help.
All I saw was this dude in shorts and a tanktop. And he was smiling!

Then I looked around at, you know, the minions, and to my surprise they were smiling too!

Oh well, I thought, and went out the back to release the guy who came to me a couple days ago, claiming protein wasn't important, and muscle wasn't all they're pumped up to be (nice pun, huh?).
Had him do 500 reps of every exercise I know, and had fed him full of chicken every other hour since he first complained. Guess it was time to let him go, now that I was smiling. No point in holding a grudge I guess.

What I'm saying is.. I fall in love with what I do over and over again. Every pound lost, every sweat-soaked t-shirt burning off my nose-hair, and every smile I receive when I hand the poor minions their keys back. Ahh.. I enjoy it so much.

Until next time.

Oh snap, wild picture appears!






No comments:

Post a Comment