Thursday, August 23, 2012

It hurts!

So yesterday was legs.
I recently started using a program called German Volume Training, which involves picking one exercise per muscle group, preferably a multi-joint one, and the blasting out 10 sets of 10 reps with a 1min rest interval.
By using about 60% of your max RM, the first few sets will feel like a breeze.
And then you hit the wall at set 5-6. It's like your muscles are totally cramping out, you're gasping for your breath like you just finished a sprint, and the 1min pause seems to get shorter and shorter.
It's hell. And I love it.

Oh well, here's some data from yesterday. Promised myself to make this a log, didn't I? :P
Did 1 set of leg and ham curls to warm up.

Workout

Squat: 
10x10 - 100kg (Did all sets with good / acceptable form)
Legpress: 
5x10 - 240kg (After the crazy amount of squats, my legpress went down a lot)
Sumo kettlebell deadlift:
3x10 - 32kg (Just to finish glutes and hams off)

And that was it. Doesn't look like much on paper, but I promise you, I have DOMS like never before in my legs, as of writing.
Since I got all sets of 10 on the squat, I need to ramp things up for next time.
Either 105kg or 110kg.

Today is back. It's been resting since monday, and I still don't feel up to the task.
I'll give it a try though. After a good warm up, it should be doable.
10x10 pullups, here I come xD

No comments:

Post a Comment