Sunday, February 26, 2012

The wonders of indie

I can't even remember how I got to know this girl, but I'm so glad I did.
Someone who can describe the emotions involved when a heart breaks, with such truth and simplicity shouldn't go unnoticed. So here I am, blogging about this wonderful lady, who's helped me through some hard times of my still fairly inexperienced life.

I'm talking about Rosi Golan:

Rosi Golan
Singer/song writer, born in Israel - oh snap!
Now I remember!
I heard her on an episode of Grey's Anatomy.
There we go, haha, now I can continue writing without my noggin' searching for the answer.

Her style is completely unique.
It's an undoubtedly dark, deep and longing mood she creates with her tunes.
It's mostly about love, and the troubles it can bring when it fades.
It's not really music that'll help you through heartache, but if you find yourself having difficulty feeling and showing the emotions needed to truly grieve, she can easily get you in the correct mood.
"Yesteryear" off her first record "The Drifter and the Gypsy" is one of saddest yet most beautiful songs about love I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. I remember the song affecting me for almost a week when I first heard it.
The lyrics feel like a sledgehammer to the heart, and doesn't do anything to cover up how it feels to really miss a person. Here's a short section of it:

"If this is what we get, then lets make the most of it
We can dance around the clouds up here
And we’ll be what might have been, close our eyes and just pretend
That we are back again in Yesteryear..
"

I'm speechless. Can't even read this stuff without squeezing out a tiny drop of emotion-fluid.
What I really want to say is; look her up. She's a fantastic person that deserves more of what has already come to her. She's got two albums out, and I can recommend them both. The first one focusing more on the acoustic guitar, while her newest album does a bit more in terms of exploring different instruments and sounds.

And the usual picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment